NANOSCIENCE PROGRAMMES FOR MEDICINE
A short list of the main UNIMIB’s coordinated projects directly related to nanomedicine is reported below
- BASIC RESEARCH
The purpose of this program is to combine chemical and physical innovative strategies for the preparation of new nanostructured materials for biomedical use, with high biocompatibility / biomimicry, highly specific targeting, relative easiness of preparation and low cost of production.
- Design and Synthesis of NPs
- Characterization (physicochemical, biological)
- Nanomechanics of biological macromolecules and supramolecular aggregates
- Innovative strategies for the synthesis and functionalization of nano- and micro-particles for biomedical use
- NANOMEDICINE FOR THERAPY OF CANCER
- Development of advanced Nanomedicines for treatment of cancer
- Screening of anticancer chemotherapeutic drugs via nanoscale techniques
- Nanotechnologies for the treatment of glioblastoma
- NANOMEDICINE FOR BRAIN DISEASES
- Nanotechnologies for therapy and diagnosis of neurodegenerative diseases -Parkinson, Alzheimer, SLA
- Nanotechnology to overcome the blood-brain barrier
- TOXICOLOGY OF NANOPARTICLES FOR MEDICAL USE The aim of the project, is to address, in a comprehensive and coordinated effort, the impact on human health of nano-particles including nano-pollutants emitted into environments.
- Evaluation of the bio-safety of nano-particulate materials on in vitro and in vivo models
- 3D optical sectioning of thick tissues for in-vivo studies
- NANOTECHNOLOGY IN DIAGNOSTICS
The aim of the project, is to design particles fulfill several criteria such as: high resolution, accuracy and sensitivity of detection, prolonged circulation time, target selectivity.
- Novel hybrid magnetic nano-particles as MRI contrast agent